I love my hair! The best part about healthy hair is that even if you cut it, it grows right back to the same lushness and length as before.
My hair has been featured on many hair care websites over the years and I get weave-checked on a daily, even with short hair! I didn’t always have healthy hair, though. It took me 14 months to go from damaged, chin length hair, to gorgeous hair that almost touched my waist. I keep my hair short now (armpit length) but it’s still healthy as ever! This is only a regimen page, looks like a mouthful but it really isn’t, I promise 😀 — I will post hair care tips in another blog post.
My hair regimen, 1x a week:
1. Part hair in 6 sections.
2. Apply pre-shampoo treatment to each section and let sit for an hour before rinsing – I do a pre-treatment because shampoos can be so harsh, plus it provides extra conditioning.
Favorite pre-shampoo treatments:
- Mayonnaise (you know, the stuff in a jar? Any non-salad dressing brand will do). I apply as if I am applying a relaxer. I consider this my protein treatment.
- Oil (Grapeseed, Olive, Coconut, Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil)
- Silk Dreams PRE
3. Apply shampoo to sectioned hair, let sit for a few minutes, then rinse. Repeat if necessary.
- Silk Dreams Whip My Hair Cleansing Cream
- Silk Dreams Go Moist! Shampoo
- Suave Clarifying Shampoo
- Pantene Daily Clarifying Shampoo
- Elasta QP Shampoos
- Colorese Rescue Shampoo (Exclusively at Sally’s)
4. Apply deep conditioner to each section of hair. Leave on for 10-20 minutes, then rinse.
Favorite deep conditioners:
- Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Dream Moisture Cream Conditioner
- Silk Dreams Shea What?
- Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Conditioner
- Conditioners from the Dominican Republic:
4. Apply leave-in conditioner before roller setting. After my hair dries on the rollers, I flat iron the new growth only. I rarely apply direct heat to my ends (maybe 4 times a year, TOPS!).
- Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner
- Silk Dreams Silky Soft Leave-in Cream
- Salerm 21
- Lacio Lacio
- Silk Dreams Nourish Oil
- Silk Dreams Satin Smooth Hair Cream
- Silk Dreams Crème de la Silk
- Silk Dreams PRE
- Aloe vera gel
- Various oils (Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil)
*Relaxing – Every three months
Linenage Shea Butter Relaxer (this is the only brand of relaxer that straightens my hair).
*Coloring – Every three months with Henna then Indigo powders. I do not use artificial dyes.
- Indigo from Ayurnatural Beauty